R. The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.
1. If you trust in the Lord and do good,
then you will live in the land and be secure.
If you find your delight in the Lord,
he will grant your heart’s desire. (R.)
2. Commit your life to the Lord,
trust in him and he will act,
so that your justice breaks forth like the light,
your cause like the noon-day sun. (R.)
* * * “…Infallibility is the only guarantee we have that the Christian religion is true. Actually, if I, at this moment, did not believe in an Infallible Teacher appointed by God, then nothing on earth would induce me to believe in the Christian religion.
If, as outside the Catholic Church, Christian doctrines are a matter of private judgement, and therefore the Christian religion a mere matter of human opinion, then there is no obligation upon any living soul to believe in it. Why should I stake my immortal soul on human opinion? For that is all you have if you refuse the Infallible Church.” (Fr Owen Francis Dudley, ex-non-Catholic convert to Catholic Christianity) * * *
3. Then turn away from evil and do good
and you shall have a home for ever;
for the Lord loves justice
and will never forsake his friends. (R.)
4. The salvation of the just comes from the Lord,
their stronghold in time of distress.
The Lord helps them and delivers them
and saves them: for their refuge is in him. (R.)
Your words gladden the heart, O Lord,
they give light to the eyes.